Friday 12 November 2010

New Toy?

So, what is this?

There's a computer on in his room. I think he's logged into something..wait a moment. I just have to move around him; he's lying on the floor, sleeping like a baby. Well. You'd maybe think he was sleeping, until you looked closer and stood over him and you felt his blood, sticky and warm, oozing between your toes.

Vampires? A Vampire blog? Ha! He said he was fascinated by them. He said he didn't believe they existed. This Twilight thing he was going on about... I really can't be bothered to listen, but it seems everyone is talking about it. It's so hard to nod and smile at them, when you can feel the anger bubbling up inside you and you just want to say 'Come on, forget that. Come with me. I promise, I'll be so much more interesting than a film.'

I think he got a little more than he bargained for, when he met me. 'Are you interested in vampires?' he had said. 'Do you like Twilight?' He was geeky and awkward and extremely boring. But I nodded and said yes, like you hear these young teenagers say. That's the thing. I'm frozen in the body of a seventeen year old. I have to understand what they like. I have to try to be like one of them.

Things are so different now. Sometimes I can still remember the past. Just a flicker, then it's gone again. But the present excites me. This boy, this vampire dis-believer. He soon changed his mind. I changed it for him.

I like this computer. I think I shall keep it.

2 comments:

  1. So it was you who turned him into one of us...was it?

    I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly boy. He shouldn't have said he didn't believe.

    Nobody should challenge us like that.

    ReplyDelete